Monday, November 4, 2013

Real Girls Don't RustThe lovely Roxanne Werner has invited me to join her in an author hop.  Roxanne writes YA, MG, and picture book fantasies. Her short story, My Dangerous Heart, was in Real Girl's Don't Rust along with my short story, Seeing Red.

For the hop I'll be answering some questions, and then passing those questions on to new people. :) (You can check out Roxanne's answers here.)





What are you working on right now?
To be honest, I'm hopping from project to project right now. The main thing I'm working on is a short story I wrote a couple years ago. I'm rewriting it as a novella and it has been fun getting to write more of these characters' story.


How does it differ from different works in the genre?
It's a NA contemporary romance, and I guess one big difference is it's not dark and sexy! I mean, I hope it's at least kind of sexy, but it's not dark. It's more fun and playful.


Why do you write what you do?
I write the stories that pop into my head. When characters start having conversations in my brain I know it's time to start a new ms.

What is the hardest part about writing?
Um, what part isn't hard? I guess for me one of the hardest things is the waiting. When you're writing and revising it's all on you, but then you send it out into the world, whether to a cp, an agent, or an editor, and you have to just wait to hear back. And you have to wait until you're sure it's really ready before querying, too, which can be hard! And even when all goes well and it's going to be a book, then you have to wait for your cover, wait for your release. It's a lot of waiting and I'm not a patient person! Lol!


And now I'm going to tag Suzi Retzlaff, Theresa Paolo, and Jaybird. Answer the questions above! I want to know what you're up to!

How about the rest of you? What project are you working on right now?

7 comments:

  1. I like playful and fun NA! I'm not patient, either...which also means I am impatient with myself. Sometimes, it's easier to forgive yourself for not editing fast enough. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never realized it until you said it...I start when they start talking to each other. Until then I just stare at the screen and think, "who are these people?"

    I love playful and fun! Keep me posted when it's ready to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you're turning a short story into a novella? Fun! It's always great to flesh out a character's world like that. I like the idea of it being fun and playful, too. Stories can't be dark all the time, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...where have I last seen Real Girls Don't Rust... Oh, that's right- the front seat of my car! I was reading it while eating breakfast in the car from McD's yesterday morning. =) And I also want that mouse that's on the front cover. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I start talking to my characters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tag! I will post just as soon as I can. Faith broke her ankle this past week and my house has been in an uproar!! You know me- crazy all day every day. I would really like life to slow down so I could just go back to writing and blogging every other day- but it hasn't happened yet. Talk to you soon Rach!!

    ReplyDelete