Friday, March 1, 2013

The Bloghop of Joy

A big thank you to Kyra Lennon and Clare Dugmore for hosting this awesome bloghop. I love this idea! Everyone is sharing the things that bring them joy. And who couldn't use a little extra joy? Especially in the middle of winter!

Things that bring me joy:

-The sound of my kids laughing.
-When my kids learned to read, and now watching them fall in love with a book.


-When a great song comes on the radio. (Like this Tom T. Hall song, all about what brings him joy. I thought it was fitting.) :)

`
-Snow days.
-Warm, fuzzy socks.
-Finding a picture of Pinterest that inspires a new picture or scene. (This is a new one for me.) :)
-Watching people win. Whether it's seeing people start to cry and hug their horses after winning the roses at Nationals, or watching my speech kids' faces as they stand up for awards. Just last week a girl on my team got first place for the first time and she freaked out. They call up the top six, then start with sixth and work up to first. When they said fourth and it wasn't her she started to grin. Every place that wasn't her she got more and more excited until she realized she'd won. It was awesome.
-When my husband gets home from work and all the kids run up to hug him.
-Reading everyone's success's on their blogs. Every time one of you gets an agent or a publishing contract it lifts me up. It reminds me that success comes to those who work hard and dream big.

Tomorrow is our home speech meet, so today is crazy busy! But I am looking forward to sitting down with a cup of tea tonight after things calm down and reading about what brings joy to all of you. :) Have a great Friday everyone!

24 comments:

  1. It's the same here when The Husband comes home. Everything stops-even the stinking cat goes running up to greet him.

    The sound of my girls laughing, always gets me too. And I love when good things happen to my friends and people around me. One of my girlfriends won the lottery (not the big one, but a good amount of money) and I cried so hard, I couldn't stop. I knew how much she needed it, and it made me SO happy she won. I could still cry when I think about it now!

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing warm, fuzzy socks right now :-) And reading about success is a sure way to fire up your ambition, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! And I love how the house just stops when someone comes home. And definitely the laughing of the kids. I love how they are so oblivious to the rest of the world, and they can be completely happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of happies to count as joys! Fun idea, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the joy of seeing others win as well.
    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sound of kids laughing is wonderful to hear. Especially when it's brothers/sisters and they're playing together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how much you enjoy seeing people win and succeed. That is very sweet of you. Your kids are adorable, too. Moments of brother/sister joy are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to watch the kids get all excited and run for the door when dad comes home. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL_ warm and fuzzy socks- I'm there with you only I love warm and fuzzy anything- I have like twelve fuzzy blankets all over the house plus the two that I sleep with at night.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those ARE some really wonderful things. You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this is an awesome list! I love how family and friend oriented it is - I definitely feel warm and fuzzy now!

    Thanks for joining in with the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful list! Must agree with Kyra, it inspires warmth

    ReplyDelete
  13. It made me smile just to read your list. Love it! And it's great to meet you through this hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Warm fuzzy socks, love it! And kids laughter is the best. Hope your busy day has been successful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got the warmest fuzziest socks ever as a gift from my mother in law recently. They're luvvverly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great list! I oddly like finding those inspiration photos on Pinterest too and fuzzy socks are very nice! Going along with kids laughter, I'm an infant teacher and I love the moment when a small baby smiles at you and for the first time, it's on purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Warm fuzzy socks, so important on these cold winter days, but so looking forward to the day I can go barefoot again!

    Happy Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your joy list is great! Watching people win is the best and of course, children's laughter is tops too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. too cute...your home sounds warm, fuzzy, musical and full of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My kids used to run for their dad. Now he gets greeted by the dogs. But they do still laugh, and that's a beautiful sound!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your mention of watching people win - I'm a teacher, and this week, my little class won a performance poetry contest! The look of pure joy and achievement was amazing! We all jumped up and down, high fived, hugged, then they ran off to do the same with their parents - a wonderful moment of unbridled joy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE listening to kids laugh. Its so unreserved and real. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for taking part in the bloghop; great list! It's great watching your kids read, isn't it. My oldest son recently started borrowing books of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great list! I can easily see why all these things bring you joy. :)

    ReplyDelete