Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bring On 2012

So, for me, tomorrow is not just the beginning of the new year. It is also my birthday. . .my thirtieth birthday. I will officially be old and uncool. (Not that I was ever cool, but still.)

A lot of people freak out about turning thirty but I'm really not. I'm happy with where I am at this point in my life. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of dreams and goals that are still unmet. (This whole, getting a book published thing.) But I think you should always have dreams and goals, it keeps life interesting. And I've accomplished goals I've set for myself, too. I've gotten two national championships and three reserve national championships with my horses. (Have I mentioned that I show Arabian horses?) And I've coached a number of kids to State in speech.

I said goals and dreams though. My biggest dream has also come true. I am happily married to a wonderful man. (Seriously, he's like the quintessential 'good man.') I have four awesome, healthy kids, and that is the best thing I could have wished for. So even if I never reach my other goals, I've still had a pretty great life.





I'm looking forward to the next thirty years.
Happy New Year everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Patsy! I hope yours is great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year to you, Rachel! May all of your writing goals and dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel. I'm just dropping in from Alex's blog, and am now your newest follower, so:

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, too, Matt! Thanks for checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nicole! My kids are my favorite thing to photograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you too!..and belated Birthday wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Laurie! And Happy New Year to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great attitude...and great photos of your kids! Good luck with book goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are absurdly cute and I'm impressed by how much you've accomplished with such young children at home. I only have TWO kids, and the juggling act can be a thing of ridiculousness at times. Way to go -- and I look forward to stopping back by to watch your journey unfold.

    ReplyDelete